...

...

5.29.2008

very early Thursday

One Good Thing: I keep getting back up, each time I get dumped on the ground. Is that a good thing, or just a thing?
One Funny Thing: People are funny. Except when they stink.
One Weird Thing: The heart is weird. My heart is weird.

One God Thing: It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
[Acts ix: 5]
One Music Thing: This verse from "Miami" by Counting Crows:
Can I say,
I wish that this weather would never leave?
It just gets hard to believe
That God sent this angel to watch over me
'Cause my angel
She don't receive my calls
Says I'm too dumb to fuck
Too dumb to fight
Too dumb to save

Well, maybe, I don't need no angel at all
One Book Thing: Sin: Selected Poems of Farough Farrokhzad, edited by Sholeh Wolpe. Gorgeous, lush Persian love poems by a crazy chick who looked amazingly similar to my crazy aunt Elaine.

No comments: